BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 2 (read day 1 first)

Last night was pretty uneventful, and this is a very good thing. The nurse's came in every hour to check on Oakley, he seems to be doing just fine. I was up every hour 3 -3 1/2 hours to feed him and well every time the monitors started beeping which was a lot. He seems to be getting a little dehydrated so I am I now feeding him every 2- 2 1/2 hours in hope's this will turn around and he won't need to get an IV in. The doctor is looking over all of his reports from the monitor and nurse's notes from last night and will be in to see us sometime today. Saying lots of prayers and hoping this precious little guy of our is on the up and up and I caught what ever bug it is he has soon enough. The Doctors and nurses have been absolutely WONDERFUL and feel we are both getting the best care possible right now. We are missing the rest of our family right now but Corey and Laker seem to be doing just fine. Aunt Heidi and Grandma Bev are taking extra special care of Laker and Daddy is trying to stay calm and handle all of this ( most of you know how high strung Corey can be) He is deploying a HUGE project this week that he has been working on and in charge of for the past year and a half so very stressful for him wanting to be with his family but having to be at work too. We are blessed he is such a hard worker to provide for our family and to have such a great job and co workers (they keep trying to send him home but he is stubborn) Thanks Corey for being the best husband and daddy by working, taking sole care of Laker, and being at the hospital with me and Oakley as much as possible. But not to much that you drive me crazy. So we wait, and wait, and wait, as life was so busy at home and all I wished for when adjusting to 2 kiddos at home was to be back at the hospital being taken care of by the nurse's this is not what I had in mind, Did you know that every Tuesday, and Wednesday at Holland Hospital they serve the SAME meals. As I could tolerate them last week after giving birth, this week they are just plain gross. Could be my lack of appetite or gut rot from only drinking coffee, or bleeding ulcer I am getting (just kidding on the ulcer) Its now afternoon and no sign of the doctor, just asked the nurse and she said every time he comes to our floor he gets called back to the birthing center. What the heck like newborn babies are more important than my kid. Yes I am being sarcastic. So finally around 2pm a doctor comes to see us. Different doctor from last night but none the less a doctor. He went over all of the reports from the monitor and said everything look pretty normal, a few occasions when his oxygen level went down but in some 7 days old that is normal. He said he has a virus (cold) and with new born's sometimes there brain does tell them to breath through their mouth if their nose is clogged so it takes them a few seconds, and same with feeding sometimes the feeling of choking happens while eating and their little brain doesn't know how to breath but completely normal. Still seemed weird that a doctor is telling me my baby not breathing is normal but they are the one with the MD behind their name not me. He then starred blankly at me and said WELL? I said WELL what? You just said my kid has a cold and I look like a over reactive mother. I guess he thought I was funny and laughed and said no any baby under 2 weeks old is usually monitored and hospitalized, we didn't see our normal pediatrian so I am wondering if he wouldn't of sent us to the hospital but better safe than sorry, anyway the Doctor wondered if I was comfortable going home with Oakley. I said comfortable HELL YES, he has been here basically for 3 day getting poke with needles, shots he didn't need. He has tape all over his chest and little toes for no reason. I have a 17 month at home that needs me and a husband that is going to have a nervous break down by the end of the week if we have to stay here much longer. He then said, do you have a ride, oh yeah a ride Corey took us here Tuesday night and we don't have a car, I said I can find one in about a half hour, get started on the paper work. I didn't even call Corey first because I knew he would rush home from Grand Rapids and needed to finish work, so I called Grandma Bev, her and Heidi had Laker so I knew one of them could stay with him and hoped one could come get me. The infant car seat base was in my car which is a stick shift so I knew Heidi couldn't drive it and it had been years for Bev but she was up to the challenge. I told her where the keys were and she was on her way. I then called Corey, he was more than happy to hear our baby boy was just fine. Then he said you can come home? I um can be there um, I then said don't worry mom is on her way, loooooong pause, she doesn't have an infant car seat, I said no worries she is picking up my car, another long pause, she hasn't driven a stick in years, I said well looks like we may need a new transmission too then but just stay at work we will be at home when you get home. So little Oakley you have been here for only a week and already caused me more gray hair than your brother. On the positive side the nurse's sucked your snot and boogers out soooo much with the sucking machine that the cute little snort you had that daddy hated is now gone. They did find lots of junk up there most likely left over from delivery and shooting out into this world in less than 5 min. Those first rough nights home with you after you were born also came from your nose being stuffy and you having a hard time breathing, I would cry too little man, I would too. So thousand of dollars later, Okaley you have a cold and diaper rash. The hospital sent us home with magic butt cream, (cost $6,000 ha ha) and instructions to feed you. So glad we had a doctor tell us to do that. You and mommy had LOTS of bonding time in the hospital just the 2 of us, after finally getting a good 24 hours to spend just with you no one else I can see you are already acting just like your brother, praise the lord!!!! I hope this continues he was the easiest baby ever and you seem to be too now. You both sleep with your arms up over your head, you can down a bottle in less than 5 min and go right back to bed, you are more than content watching the happening of this crazy house from your bouncy seat (in the middle of the kitchen table so your brother doesn't smash a truck over your head) I know this can change again over night but just give me a week or 2 to catch up on some sleep first. We love you Oakley, now lets not do this again!

1 comments:

Katy said...

Glad you all are home again as a family!